Thursday, August 18, 2011

Separation Anxiety

I've read that separation anxiety peaks between 7-9 months.  Maybe the "peak" has happened and it's all downhill from here (in a good way).  I really hope that it doesn't get any worse than it was last Sunday (screaming, getting paged after 5 minutes, more screaming, no church for me).  For Connor, it seems to have started at around 5 months, which is really early, right?  I wonder what it is that makes some babies do ok with it and others not.  All there is to do is just ride out the storm, because unlike my immediate reaction on Sunday, I cannot wait for 2 or 3 years to go to church again.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Friend! My little Andrew was SO attached to me! It started for him around 10 months and I think peaked sometime around 13 months. It's really tough, especially at church. It WILL get better at church. One thing that helped especially as he got to be around 14-15 months was leaving him with the same person at church...I know its sometimes hard to know if that person will always be there. But, he attached himself to one lady and when he left her room at 18 months he pretty much always was fine with whoever. He still likes to hover close to me in new situations. As others told me at that time...he just loves you because he knows your the best! ;)

    ReplyDelete